Another weekend has come and gone!
New happenings around the farm.
Boy will be home from 30 days at the trainers this coming weekend. I have been thrilled with his attitude improvement, though I have unfortunately not been able to find the time to actually ride him while he has been gone. The reports and the regular video clips have been promising and I cant wait to get him home and get started working him myself.
A have a NEW addition to the farm - a 36" minature palomino gelding that Shelby has name PeterPan. He is a doll and a lover. He comes right to Sunshine when she calls for him from the pasture gate - and he stops and waits while she runs at him to wrap her arms around his neck in a hug. I swear that boy is going for sainthood already. But it very nice to finally have something her size that I can let her groom while he is tied in the barn aisle or lead around by herself. So far she is happy with leadline rides on him ~ but I know the day is coming soon when I find her on his back by herself with just that leadrope on his halter. She has already figured out how to turn a bucket upside down to get on him by herself if he is tied up. So we are strongly pushing to remind her that her helmet HAS to be on her head before she even thinks about trying to get on him.
Beyond that not much going on. Working on fences and rearranging panels to fit the new paddock designs. Boy will have his own paddock that is a portion of what was his sire's paddock that has been widened. Still need to take down the rest of the original fenceline, but he has two openings to access the alleyway that we created with the extension. Not looking forward to filling in all the holes that will be left when we pull up the original posts (telephone posts). Next agenda after I complete his pen is the individual catch pens and then the new arena that will be attached to those. Those projects all competed will let me have my round pen back as an actual round pen to use. Thinking that will be a "safe" spot for Shelby & her pony to "play" when she decides to start riding him solo (She says when she is 4 she will ride him by herself.... since that is 3 weeks away I am debating that one).
01 July 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment